- Coordinating the Plumi 3.0-final release, as of 4th September 2009 *
- See http://plumi.org/report/3 for list of tickets pushing towards 3.0 RC milestone, and 3.0-final
- See http://plone.org/products/plumi/roadmap for public roadmap schedule
- A *beta 1* plone 3 compatible system to start testing against is available, via a buildout project:
[ svn co https://svn.engagemedia.org/project/plumi-buildout-plone3/tags/plumi-3.0-beta1 plumi-buildout-plone3 ]
- The plumi 3.0 buildout - plone 3.2.x compatibility
see DevelopmentReleases for an explanantion of all the subversion areas we are using for the buildout , products etc
The buildout system were are using for plumi 0.3 dev work is http://plumi.org/browser/plumi-buildout-plone3/trunk
[ svn co https://svn.engagemedia.org/project/plumi-buildout-plone3/trunk plumi-buildout-plone3 ]
The current buildout system targets plone 3.2.x , and zeo setup, and includes plone.app.blob, plumi products and there dependencies, quills (a blog product, not installed by default)
- Review of current products.
Here is a review of all the products being used, and what to do regarding plone 3 compatibility, or if its no longer needed, or needs to be replaced: Plumi0.3ProductsReview
- Specifications of custom Plumi products for plumi 3.0
- plumi.skin :
- plumi.migration :
policy product: [ plumi.app ]
site customisations security and workflows roles/groups third part dependencies
skin/theme product: [ plumi.skin ] https://weblion.psu.edu/trac/weblion/wiki/PloneThreeThemingBasics
content types [ plumi.content ]
- Develop a plumi-0.2.x compatible export/import.
Should work between 2 plumi-0.2.x-final plumi sites as well as from a plumi-0.2.x plumi site to a plumi site running plumi-3.0-final
Can be used for migrating to a new zope/plone instance, or merging 2 plumi video archives into one system, etc
See http://dev.plone.org/old/collective/browser/Plumi/branches/plumi-0.2.x/IMPORT-EXPORT.txt for instructions on exporting members and content from Plumi 0.2.x sites and importing these into a Plumi 3.0 buildout.
Initial Plone 2.5 compatiable code for export and import, using JSON migrator : http://dev.plone.org/collective/browser/json_migrator/branches/plumi-0.2.x
Can be included via SVN recipe, see trunk version of buildout.cfg in plumi-buildout-plone2.5 http://plumi.org/browser/plumi-buildout-plone2.5/trunk/buildout.cfg
The importer/exporter approach is using the JSON migrator product, with import/export views, runs on old plumi server, installed via quick installer. on new box, custom scripts to convert from atvideo-plumi0.2.x to plumi 3.0 + blob field
- ZODB migration from plumi 0.2.x systems, approaches:
NOTE: This is not working for us, and probably not a high priority, as we are taking the import/export approach above. That is, export members&content as files from plumi 0.2.x sites, and import into a freshly constructed plumi 3.0 buildout.
start of notes , migrating from plumi 0.2.x systems http://plumi.org/browser/plumi-buildout-plone3/trunk/MIGRATING.txt
The aim is to have existing plumi sites (ie their existing zope db, Data.fs, and any externally stored video files etc) migrate from plumi-0.2.x to plumi 3.0 / plone 3.
ie the aim is to have existing content migration of ATEngageVideo objects into blob-backed "videos objects. (ATEngageVideo style or subtypes of p4a etc)
Plumi Development Instances
There will be 3+ Plumi instances
- demo.plumi.org - running on the latest released final version (ie a tagged version of plumi , at the moment : 0.2.3-final)
- testing.plumi.org - running the development branch of the current released stable version (ie an as-yet-unreleased 0.2.4)
- latest-a.plumi.org,latest-v.plumi.org, latest-l.plumi.org - running the latest development version - ie plumi 0.3 trunk/branch