|Version 20 (modified by and, 6 years ago) (diff)|
This page is now redundant given the release of Plumi 3.0. Please see the FLOSS Manual for up to date information - http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Plumi/Introduction
The online install doc distributed with Plumi 0.2.3-final is INSTALL.txt
The latest version for the plumi 0.2.x branch (Plone 2.5.5 compatibility) is here
Using the Plone unified installer
Steps 1-4 explain how to install plone-2.5.5. If you already know this or already have it installed skip to step 5.
- Grab the Plone 2.5.5 Unified Installer from here
- Unzip etc:
tar zxvf Plone-2.5.5-UnifiedInstaller.tgz
This gives us a copy of a folder called Plone-2.5.5-UnifiedInstaller.
sudo mv Plone-2.5.5-UnifiedInstaller /opt/
- Install Plone-2.5.5:
cd /opt/Plone-2.5.5-UnifiedInstaller sudo ./install.sh
Either remember or take note of the admin password. Or, preferably, notice that there is a file called /opt/Plone-2.5.5/adminPassword.txt that has this info in it.
- a. Grab the latest stable release from Plone.org Plumi page:
unzip this somewhere recognisable:
sudo mv plumi-0.2.3-final.tgz /opt/ cd /opt sudo tar xvfz plumi-0.2.3-final.tgz
- Edit the configs to notice the Plumi products. The two files are:
If you went for the stable release, add the following line under the products section:
- Install the python egg imsvdex
sudo /opt/Plone-2.5.5/Python-2.4.4/bin/easy_install imsvdex
- Start the Zope/Plone? server:
Optionally, you can install plumi's ZopeInitScripts to automatically start and stop on system startup/shutdown.
- Start your browser, go to what is known as the ZMI (or here, they point to the same place). You will need to enter the admin/password combo from step 4 at this point.
In the top right corner you will see the Add Products drop down menu. Choose "Plone Site", and fill out the form. Whatever you put into the ID field will be the URL of your site. Eg: http://localhost:8080/the_id_field
- Goto your new Plone site and in the top right you will see Preferences. Click on that.
- On the left column, click Mail Settings, and enter a working mail host. If you do not have one, you might need to install postfix or some other MTA on your local system, and set this to localhost port 25.
- Click Add/Remove? Products from the top of the left column. You should only need to install 'ATVideo' and 'PlumiSkin' - all the rest of the products will be pulled in by the installers of those three products.
Now you have a video sharing site!
By default there is a user called Plumi with a random password. You should change this. Also, the zope admin user (under whose name you added the plumi products) cannot post vids - as they are not a user of the plone site.
To configure transcoding, see /opt/plumi-0.2.3-final/indytube/INSTALL.plone
If you have any problems, see /opt/plumi-0.2.3-final/INSTALL.txt
Notes: This is known to not work with the plone available in the Ubuntu repositories - at the time of writing, that is plone-2.5.2-1