|Version 2 (modified by grant, 6 years ago) (diff)|
The following issues need to be resolved for the Burnstation Prototype
Will the prototype produce only DVD ISOs
- The Burnstation requirements call for the system to produce DVDs or VCDs
- The current prototype design talks about DVD ISOs and VOB files
- Will the prototype be able to produce a VCD?
- Will VOBs be suitable for VCDs?
When to produce VOB files
- The current design has the transcode daemon system producing VOB files for every video in a Plumi system
- The benefit of doing this is that it means that when a DVD ISO is being assembled by the Burnstation system, there's no need to encode VOBs, making it faster.
- The problems with this approach are:
- This will slow down transcoding of multiple videos (more work for it to do before it can get the Flash files produced if there's many videos in the queue)
- This will consume more disk space on the Plumi server as many videos may be uploaded that are never burnt to disks
- If the eventual system is to produce DVDs or VCDs, will VOBs be suitable for a VCD ISO? (see issue above re: prototype producing VCDs as well as DVDs)
Will this be tested in Indonesia?
- Will this system be tested at one of the Local Archive systems in Indonesia?
- If not, how we will verify that the prototype is working correctly? On demo.plumi.org?