|Version 1 (modified by grant, 7 years ago) (diff)|
As a prototype, this version of Burnstation will not be tightly nor seamlessly integrated into the Plumi package.
The intention is for the user to be able to click on a "Burn It" button displayed next to a video. This in turn allocates a flag for that user & video.
Once a number of videos have been selected by the user, they can go to a "Burn" page which will display the videos selected. From here, they can click OK, the system will prepare the disk and, once completed, will return a URL to the completed ISO that can be downloaded.
The downloaded ISO can then be burnt to a DVD on the user's computer, producing a disk that can be played in any standard DVD player.
- Burnstation to be a standalone service that will consume rss2 video feeds with pointers to vob encoded files and will return dvd iso files
- set of components that can be used either in plumi or seperately
- one component is the burnstation service that gets an xml/rss2 feed and returns the URL of a dvd iso
- should be usable without any constraints on the CMS that is used in the frontend
- plone component that adds the "Burn this" action, compiles the feed and calls the burnstation service
- The input files will have to be vob to avoid having the users wait a long time for the transcoding
- We need some configuration to the transcode daemon in order to produce vob files on every video upload and to extend plumi in order to generate the above feed, and the appropriate UI to do it
- Should be 2 eggs on pypi, one of which will be a Plone product
- collective.transcode.star and transcode daemon will also be in the full burnstation suite to create the mpeg encoded video files, these should be created on upload so we don't waste time for transcoding when a user asks for an iso