|Version 6 (modified by and, 4 years ago) (diff)|
Burnstation is a product that allows a user to select videos and burn them to a disk to DVD or VCD format, including with the necessary transcoding. Mainly useful for local setups in regions with limited bandwidth and infrastructure, but with the possibility of being networked.
User clicks on burn it button on video view page, user goes to burn page and clicks ok, user gets a dvd iso with the selected video files, playable in any standard video DVD player
More info required here
How will the system work?
- Burnstation to be a standalone service that will consume rss2 video feeds with pointers to vob encoded files and will return dvd iso files
- set of components that can be used either in plumi or seperately
- one component is the burnstation service that gets an xml/rss2 feed and returns the URL of a dvd iso
- should be usable without any constraints on the CMS that is used in the frontend
- plone component that adds the "Burn this" action, compiles the feed and calls the burnstation service
- The input files will have to be vob to avoid having the users wait a long time for the transcoding
- We need some configuration to the transcode daemon in order to produce vob files on every video upload and to extend plumi in order to generate the above feed, and the appropriate UI to do it
- Should be 2 eggs on pypi, one of which will be a Plone product
- collective.transcode.star and transcode daemon will also be in the full burnstation suite to create the mpeg encoded video files, these should be created on upload so we don't waste time for transcoding when a user asks for an iso