|Version 13 (modified by and, 6 years ago) (diff)|
Plumi Burnstation will be a product that allows a user to select videos and burn them to a DVD or VCD format disk with the transcoding required to allow the disk to play in a standard DVD/VCD machine. This will primarily be used in local regions with limited bandwidth and infrastructure as well as supporting the spread of content through disk giveaways, bundling, etc.
It is based on the audio "burnstation" concept - http://www.platoniq.net/burnstation/
The initial release of the Burnstation system will be in the form of a prototype that will allow us to demonstrate that videos stored in a Plumi system can be burnt to a DVD or VCD format disk. From the lessons learned with the prototype, a final design will be prepared for the production Burnstation system. This design, a project plan for its implementation and the prototype itself will be the primary deliverables from the initial development project.
You can obtain more information about the prototype project through these pages:
- User interaction and technical design (Burnstation Prototype Design)
- Project plan (Burnstation Prototype Project Plan)
- Issues log (Burnstation Prototype Issues)
Full Production System
The full production system will include the following functionality:
- allow the user to select whether they're burning a DVD, Dual Layer DVD or VCD
- calculate the size of the videos being selected and display how much space remains on the disk before it is full
- allow the order of videos to be changed before a selection is made into a disk image
- create menus that display when the disk is loaded