Ticket #788 (closed task: fixed)
New Plumi Blog
|Reported by:||anna||Owned by:|
|Who will test this:||And|
Possibility of doing a re-vamp of the Plumi visual identity and blog when we launch the new look Plumi.
- new wordpress design (the kakky green colour everywhere is finally really getting to me. also the amateurish/DIY feel, given that the new Plumi skin will be so minimal, clean and contemporary looking). once again this could just be purchasing an existing theme and doing a little bit of customisation, much like Maloreigh did.
- new banner for new plumi demo site / default plumi installations
- new plumi promo buttons as per https://plumi.org/ticket/70
In terms of new wordpress themes, it really would be cool to have something with a bit more impact, a bit showier, a bit less "here we are with our little software project", a bit bolder, making more of a statement about how great we think the software is.
Something like this could be a bit much, but this is the direction I mean to head in: http://demo.designerthemes.com/gala/
Or something clean and fresh looking like this: http://www.kriesi.at/themedemo/?theme=angular
(click on the Template Files menu item and select Page:Sidebar Right... we probably would only use the portfolio page styling on a page to show sites using Plumi)
Or one of the responsive themes listed here: http://smashinghub.com/25-best-responsive-wordpress-themes-2012.htm
I could handle creating the new Wordpress site easily, just not the new graphics for banner and buttons. Would be nice to have a proper designer do that. Would be nice to have them make a couple of things for the blog too, if need be.
It would be cool to incorporate auto-updated content areas into the blog, that will indicate the activity of the developer community, like:
- latest commits to Github
- latest resolved tickets on Trac?
- tweets about #Plumi?
- new releases of Plumi on Plone.org...?
Also to feature what Plumi can do a bit more graphically, and emphatically. In a similar way to how some of those example sites push the services somebody is offering.
- - - -
Here's an example of a great code blog: http://popcornjs.org
- Priority changed from major to blocker
- Severity set to New Ticket