Ticket #584 (closed defect: invalid)
Slowness in transcoding queue
|Reported by:||anna||Owned by:|
|Who will test this:||And|
Investigate slowness in transcoding queue, e.g. such as reported by this user on the EM.org site. If a delay is to be expected, an estimate of this should be made, so we can inform users of what to expect, otherwise they will experience an error.
Also investigate why any delays may be longer than we had previously experienced.
Also determine if it is a Plumi thing, or to do with EM.org configuration.
Hi - me again. Still don't seem to be able to get my files to transcode. Tried the 'process' and waited about an hour with no apparent result. Hope you can give it a push ...
Hi Peter, looks like it has transcoded now. How long did it take? If there is a queue it could take up to a couple of hours. Or was it longer?
All the best. And.
Hi And - hard to say exactly how long - upload finished about 1.15pm and nothing had happened by the time I emailed. Then I went off for a bit and it was ready about 4 when I came back. I thought someone must have given it a prod, but looks as if it may simply have been waiting in a queue. Didn't realise that was a possible issue. Maybe there's a case for a warning on the final upload page, if it's happening a lot?
- Milestone changed from 4.1 Beta 1 (New Features and Fixes) to 4.4 Beta (New Features and Fixes)
- Milestone changed from 4.4 Beta (Language Related New Features and Fixes) to 4.5Beta (New Features and Fixes)
- Milestone changed from 4.6 Beta (New Features and Fixes) to 4.5 Beta Refactoring
- Priority changed from major to blocker
- Milestone changed from 4.5 Beta Refactoring to 4.2 Beta (Features - Content Sharing Focus)