Modify

Ticket #272 (closed defect: fixed)

Opened 5 years ago

Last modified 5 years ago

i18n translation machinary in plumi.app fails on installing on fresh plone site

Reported by: andycat Owned by: vik
Priority: major Milestone: 3.0-beta
Component: Translation Severity:
Keywords: Cc:
Who will test this:

Description (last modified by andycat) (diff)

log of install failure follows

2009-09-01 03:33:46 INFO plumi.app starting custom setup code
2009-09-01 03:33:46 INFO plumi.app starting app_installation_tasks. self is <PloneSite at Plumi>
2009-09-01 03:33:46 INFO plumi.app Starting ATVocabManager configuration
2009-09-01 03:33:48 INFO plumi.app starting custom se-asia countries ATCountryWidget configuration
2009-09-01 03:33:48 INFO plumi.app publishing <ATTopic at featured-videos> 
2009-09-01 03:33:49 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog 1251740028.990.195746541938 http://latest-a.plumi.org:8580/Plumi/portal_quickinstaller/installProducts
Traceback (innermost last):
  Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 119, in publish
  Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
  Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 42, in call_object
  Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line 584, in installProducts
  Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line 507, in installProduct
   - __traceback_info__: ('plumi.app',)
  Module Products.ExternalMethod.ExternalMethod, line 231, in __call__
   - __traceback_info__: ((<PloneSite at /Plumi>,), {'reinstall': False}, (False,))
  Module /opt/tebet-instances/plumi3.engagemedia.org/src/plumi.app/plumi/app/Extensions/Install.py, line 56, in install
  Module plumi.app.install, line 285, in app_installation_tasks
  Module plumi.app.install, line 44, in createTranslations
  Module zope.component._api, line 207, in getUtility
ComponentLookupError: (<InterfaceClass zope.i18n.interfaces.ITranslationDomain>, 'plumi')

As per  http://www.coactivate.org/projects/opencore/i18n-usage-in-opencore

I tried to compile the .mo files since they werent auto-generated, as apparently plone is supposed to do , but it didnt help. ie i did

msgfmt -o plumi/locales/locales/ms/LC_MESSAGES/plumi.mo plumi/locales/locales/ms/LC_MESSAGES/plumi.po

and similarily for the "id" locales dir.

andy@tebet:/opt/tebet-instances/plumi3.engagemedia.org/src/plumi.locales$ ls -ltr plumi/locales/locales/
total 28
drwxr-xr-x 4 andy andy  4096 2009-08-13 15:57 id
-rw-r--r-- 1 andy andy 17552 2009-09-01 02:58 plumi.pot
drwxr-xr-x 4 andy andy  4096 2009-09-01 02:58 ms

Should there be a "en" locale ??

Attachments

Change History

comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by vik

  • Description modified (diff)

I cannot re-create this issue - a buildout and install from scratch works fine for me. The .mo files are generated as they are meant to be. Perhaps it is something in the environment which is different. Will investigate further

Possibly should be an 'en' locale, tho it should drop to the default without hassles.

comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by andycat

  • Status changed from new to closed
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Description modified (diff)

It was an file permission issue! The user that is specified in the buildout who runs zope needs to have write perms into src/plumi.locales/

View

Add a comment

Modify Ticket

Action
as closed
The resolution will be deleted. Next status will be 'reopened'
Author


E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

 
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.