Ticket #128 (closed task: fixed)
New Editor Role To Edit/Delete ATEngageVideo, News, Events and Callouts Objects
|Reported by:||anna||Owned by:||andycat|
|Who will test this:|
We have found on EngageMedia.org that the Reviewer role does not have all the necessary permissions to fulfill the role we need them to do.
Currently Reviewers can view and publish (or reject) content in the pending state.
However this does not allow them to make small changes to a video (its description, or the creation and upload of a thumbnail, or adding tags for example) before publishing. We wish that the people who volunteer to check videos could have this ability as content often needs "sub-editing" before approval.
So we should create a new Editor role that allows the Member with this role to edit (and delete?) these objects in addition to viewing them, when in the pending (and potentially also the public-draft) state:
The rest of the content types can be the reserve of the Manager role to take care of, ensuring that control over core content on the site is not given to Editors.
I'm not sure how long it would take to create this role, or how high it should go up the priority list. Putting into 0.3 until a discussion can be had about when we should do this. Note - I have employed an "ugly hack" in the meantime on EngageMedia.org by giving somebody ownership over the /Members/ folder.
- Component changed from ATEngageVideo to plone3
- Milestone changed from 0.3 to 0.4
- Milestone changed from 0.5 - to 0.3alpha - Plumi to Plone 3
- Milestone changed from 0.3alpha - Plumi to Plone 3 to 0.3beta - inc. Plumi migration script Plone 2.5 to Plone 3
- Milestone changed from 0.3beta - inc. Plumi migration script Plone 2.5 to Plone 3 to 0.4 -